Our Motorhome Park features:
- 15 individual bays.
- Power and TV connections straight to your Motorhome.
- Waste disposal facilities.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Nice and quiet – we’re well away from the main A82 road through Tyndrum so you’ll get plenty of beauty sleep!
- Woodland surroundings – our new park is nestled in scenic Sottish woodland.
- Walking distance to local amenities in Tyndrum village.
- Nearby train and bus links – you can leave you Motorhome at By The Way and explore the Scottish Highlands.
- Check out time is 12.00pm.
Walking distance to local amenities
It’s about an 8 minute walk from By The Way into Tyndrum village. There you can find:
- Grocery shops – The Green Welly and Brodies
- Restaurants – The Real Food cafe, Paddy’s and The Green Welly
- Pubs – Tyndrum Inn
- Tourism and souvenirs – The Green Welly
A base to explore
You can leave your Motorhome at By The Way whilst you explore the West of Scotland. Tyndrum has 2 separate railway lines (we’re the smallest town in the UK with 2 stations) and all bus routes going west to Oban, South to Loch Lommond/Glasgow or North to Fort William, stop at Tyndrum. Some options are:
- Tyndrum Lower station. This station is right outside By The Way. It currently only only has 3 trains a day, but all of them stop at Tyndrum. Going West, you head to Oban (with a walk-on Ferry to the Islands), South takes you past Loch Lommond on to Glasgow.
- Tyndrum Upper station. This is on the other side of the A82 from By The Way, about a 10 minute walk. This also has 3 trains a day, all stopping at Tyndrum. North takes you up to Fort William and Mallaig, South also takes you to Loch Lommond and Glasgow.
For any train enthusiasts (or fans of the Harry Potter films), we can recommend the ‘Jacobite Express’ Steam Train, from Fort William to Mallaig. As you’d expect, there’s some spectacular views on the route, including the famous Glenfinnan Viaduct which featured in 3 of the Harry Potter films. You can catch a Scotrail train from Tyndrum Upper station to Fort William (journey time approx. 1 hour 35 minutes) and connect with the Express there.
Additional resources for Motorhome owners:
Scotrail – train timetables and online ticket booking for all trains going to Tyndrum Upper and Lower stations.
Citylink – bus timetables for all services passing through Tyndrum. Bus routes head North to Fort William and Mallaig, west to Oban and south to Glasgow/Edinburgh.