In July 2006 our new 4-star hostel was officially opened by members of Killin Mountain Rescue Team (in recognition of the fact that the hostel is primarily aimed at hillwalkers and climbers). We can cater for all sorts of families and large or small groups.
- 26 beds in 8 separate rooms – mixture of dorms, twin, double and family rooms sleeping from 2 to 6 guests.
- Large comfortable Common room and dining area to relax in. By popular demand there is no TV (no soaps, no reality shows, no cookery or DIY programmes!).
- Large kitchen area with all the facilities you would expect to find including: microwave, 2 hobs, oven, fridge, chopping boards etc. All cutlery and crockery is also provided.
- Temperature controlled underfloor heating keeps the Hostel at a constant temperature all year round.
- Drying room for your wet gear.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Open all-year round
Please note, we do not provide any meals, but you can prepare your own in our fully equipped kitchen. The village is also just a short walk (approx. 7 mins) where you can get meals. There is also an on-site shop, as well as a mini market in the village.
Ideal for large groups
Our Hostel is ideal for large group bookings (including booking the entire Hostel) where you can all stay together under one roof. We regularly have larger groups staying in our Hostel including:
- Running clubs
- School outings
- Duke of Edinburgh award schemes
- Coach tours
Whatever the reason – if you’re a group coming to Tyndrum, we can help you! We offer discount rates, please phone 01838-400-333 for more information, or alternatively use our Contact form or email us directly at email@example.com.