We have a several areas within the campsite that are ideally suited to backpacking and hiking tents. If you’re walking the West Highland Way, you’ll be glad to know that it passes right by our campsite (you actually walk past the front window of our Hostel Common room). So you’ll know that as soon as you reach Tyndrum, your walking is done and you can relax for the rest of the day!
If you are walking and carrying your tent, it is probably lightweight and small. In good Scottish summer weather (torrential rain), cooking, eating and sleeping in a tent can be a bit uncomfortable, not to mention damp (and remember not to touch the walls of the tent). We know what that’s like (we’ve been there too) and so to make life a bit easier we have on-site facilities for campers, including:
- Indoor campers’ kitchen and dining area where you can cook a meal and then sit at a real table and eat it.
- Toilets and hot showers in our newly re-furbished Shower Block.
- Undercover tent drying area and bike store.
- Drying room for all your outdoor clothes and boots.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Check out time is 10.30am.